Michael is passionate about helping folks connect with the God-who-loves in healthy, thoughtful and life-giving ways; helping them to experience this love in personally transforming ways - peace, joy, freedom, wholeness, healing. He is passionate to explore, equip and encourage individuals and communities to live this love in real, everyday life - in relationships, career, and personal growth. Michael helps people connect to life in deeper ways, by helping them learn to create and discover meaning and the sacred in all of life. He is also very effective at helping folks discover (or rediscover) the kinds of things that they are passionate about!
Michael holds a Master's Degree in Ministry (Spiritual Formation) from St. Stephen’s University and has authored “Becoming Love: Avoiding Common Forms of Christian Insanity" along with hundreds of faith-inspired articles, some of which have been published and referenced by various blogs, leadership, and spiritual care websites. Michael is encouraging and equipping communities to be more responsive and embrace a divine love-centred community valuing model that fosters deeper relationships with Jesus, family, and others through healthy faith in real life.His experience in social service ministry ranges from developing a drop-in centre for youth and adults, working with people with addictions, to outreach activities to the financially challenged, young people at risk and the over-churched (spiritually abused).
- as a Spiritual Care Chaplain at his local hospital
- on the Spiritual Care Advisory Committee with Alberta Health Services, South Zone
- Member of the Taber Christian Ministerial Association
- Taber Equality Alliance, Steering Committee
- Board of Directors of The Mosaic Network based in Calgary, Alberta
- Licensed through Vineyard Churches Canada
- Associate member of Canadian Association of Spiritual Care
- Member of the Evangelical Spiritual Directors Association and follows the ESDA Code of Ethics.
Mike is happily married to Andrea for twenty-eight years and has three amazing sons (10, 20 and 24). He likes to spend time with his family and friends, enjoys 70’s Rock, barbecue, flying stunt kites, and fine coffee.