We have gathered a few interesting tidbits of simple things that can go along way to help make life a little easier. Remember, a few small changes over time can have a big impact on enriching the quality of your life. Allow small changes to be intergrated into your natural rhythm of life - be kind with yourself but be intentional. Please don't feel like you have to implement every last one - rather choose those which may be "scratching" a legitimate itch and make sense for your life!
Here are the first 5.
1. Most people are not mind readers - you can't read other people's minds and they can't read yours! When in doubt about what someone else may be thinking - ask. This deliberate communication will go a long way to short circuit misunderstandings and offense.
2. While it's true you can't be everyones best friend, be polite and courteous to each person. You never know when your paths may cross again. That being said, be sure to invest in quality relationships with people who are perhaps most important in your life.
3. Live below your means and don't buy things you don’t need. It's always a good idea to take some time to think about those larger purchases, but also be aware that many small impulse purchases add up quickly! Create a budget and savings plan and stick to both of them.
4. Get good sleep every night. Sleep deprivation really impedes productivity and affects our moods. Having trouble getting that sleep? Consider establishing a regular bedtime routine. Keep the bed a place for sleeping and ... - not working or reading.
5. As part of a routine, try getting up 30 minutes earlier. This will give you a little extra time to get ready for work / school and can reduce stress tremendously - especially if you are trying to get your family out the door as well. It may also save you a speeding photo radar tickets and get you to work on time and at peace!