Michael holds a Master's Degree in Ministry from St. Stephen’s University and has authored “Becoming Love: Avoiding Common Forms of Christian Insanity" along with hundreds of faith-inspired articles, some of which have been published and referenced by various blogs, leadership, and spiritual care websites. Michael is encouraging and equipping communities to be more responsive and embrace a divine love-centered, community valuing model that fosters deeper relationships with God, family, and others through healthy faith in real life. His experience in social service ministry ranges from developing a drop-in centre for youth and adults, working with people with addictions, to outreach activities to the financially challenged, young people at risk and the over-churched (spiritually abused).
- as Spiritual Director / soul friend
- as a Certified Grief Recovery Method Specialist®
- as Spiritual Care Chaplain at his local hospital
- on the Spiritual Care Advisory Committee with Alberta Health Services, South Zone
- Member of the Taber Christian Ministerial Association
- Taber Equality Alliance, Steering Committee
- Board of Directors of The Mosaic Network based in Calgary, Alberta
- Licensed through Vineyard Churches (Alberta) Canada
- Associate Member of the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care and follow the CASC Code of Ethics.