Michael holds a Master Degree in Ministry from St. Stephen’s University and has authored “Becoming Love: Avoiding Common Forms of Christian Insanity" along with hundreds of faith-inspired articles, many of which have been published and referenced by various blogs, leadership, and spiritual care websites.
Michael has planted two church communities, The Rock (drop-in centre church) and Amadeo in Taber, Alberta. Amadeo is a 12-year-old experiment in decentralized, organic, inclusive, web-like faith community.
His experience in social service ministry ranges from healthcare chaplaincy, grief and loss specialist, to developing a drop-in centre for youth and adults, working with people with addictions, outreach activities to the financially challenged, young people at risk and the over-churched (spiritually abused).
- as an experienced Spiritual Director
- as a trained and experienced grief support specialist
- a retreat leader, educator, and conference speaker
- as Spiritual Care Chaplain at his local hospital
- the Spiritual Care Advisory Committee with Alberta Health Services, South Zone
- as catalyst for Amadeo - an organic faith community in Taber, Alberta
- Taber Equality Alliance
- Associate Member of the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care and follow the CASC Code of Ethics.
- Member of the Taber Christian Ministerial Association