Grief Recovery Group
The Grief Recovery Method® is a heart-centred, action-oriented program that is designed to help you complete the pain, and alleviate the isolation, and loneliness caused by loss of any kind. Whether you are grieving due to a death, divorce, romantic break-up, or any of the other 40 losses that can create the feelings of grief, the Grief Recovery Method® will equip you with the tools to complete any unresolved emotions that are still causing you pain.
You will often hear “you have to let go” and “move on” but these well-meaning people can't tell you how to do so. The Grief Recovery Method®, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive, emotional support and encouragement each step of the way.
The Grief Recovery Method® provides the opportunity for you to:
- Expand your understanding of what grief is and the various types of loss that can create feelings of grief
- Deepen your understanding of the emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual impact of grief
- Strengthen your foundation of healthy grieving and coping
- Demystify limiting beliefs about effective recovery from loss
- Communicate your emotional truth regarding your losses
- Share your story in a safe, confidential, and supportive space
- Identify the losses in your life that are emotionally incomplete
- Deepen your self-awareness and your awareness in relationships
- Identify the emotional and behavioral habits that are not serving your healing
- Assume new ownership in your healing and in your life
- Take action to emotionally complete your relationship with a person who died, from whom you are now divorced, or any other circumstance
- Develop lifelong strategies to complete other losses in your life
- Renew your sense of hope and purpose in life
- Feel heard and seen by others without judgment, criticism, or analysis
The Grief Recovery group (8- 10 people) is a safe and non-judgmental setting for you to share the feelings you experienced following your loss. In addition, the group will be the setting you can share the courageous new action you take to complete the pain associated with those feelings. Remember, it's not time in and of itself that brings healing, it is the actions we take within the time that does. To this end, our group grief healing program requires complete commitment. The Grief Recovery group not a drop-in style group. Weekly attendance and participation are vital for maximum benefit in the healing and recovery process.
- 8 Group Sessions
- 1 - copy of the Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition – The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce, and Other Losses by John W. James and Russell Friedman
- Other program-related material
- Credit Cards, Cash Accepted. Payment Plan may be available
Don’t put it off any longer
There is no need to wait - no matter how recent the loss - it is the action we take, not just the passage of time that moves us towards the healing of our heart. The Grief Recovery Method® can be used to help you complete the unfinished “stuff” that is a part of any loss and provides a path for you to return to a more vibrant life.
Dates: September 20, 2018 - 8 sessions
Time: 7 - 9:00pm
Taber -8 sessions Starting October 16, 2018
Taber - Starting January 17, 2019