A person's spirituality and relationship with God are uniquely intimate. Sometimes it can have its share of uncertainties, practical concerns, and nagging doubts. This doesn't make you unfaithful, just a human being living faith in real life.
We all experience difficult seasons in our spiritual life, or we desire to go a little deeper or have some specific questions or issues we feel called to explore.
A Spiritual Director accompanies you as you discern where you are at, to listen for invitations of the Spirit and choose how best to respond to those invitations. A Spiritual director is an experienced resource and companion, who can provide reflective insight and help you identify practical steps forward (deeper) as you continue on into the things of God in a holistic way as a part of everyday real life.
What is Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual direction is the practice of supporting a person or group to discover God as revealed in Christ in all of life, and to respond to that discovery in a growing relationship of love, freedom, and meaning.
- Those who are on a spiritual journey, who intuitively know there is so much more to life than what they are currently experiencing.
- Those who desire a deeper experience of life, prayer, sense of purpose, and those who seek to discern and respond to the invitations of the Spirit.
- Those who are in transition and discerning the next steps for their life.
- Those who have their share of doubts, questions and don't have a safe place to explore them.
- Those who are in the middle of deconstruction.
- Those who are burnt-out on Church or have been spiritually abused.
- Those who are learning new rhythms and ways of being spiritual / faithful in the world.
- Those who identify as Spiritually Independent, Spiritual but not Religious, and Progressive.
- Those who have experienced loss - a loved one who has died, a significant romantic relationship, career change, change in health, and other significant relationships.