6. Mature, but don’t grow up too fast. When we talk about maturing, it is maturing into who we really are and not who others think we should be. This adventure will be full of life - that means full of ups and downs but we understand that we live to grow and mature into loving whole people. This doesn't mean we rush it - truth is this authentic growth is a process and has to be lived - can't buy it, can't short cut it - life is lived. Have fun with this too! Some of us can get far too serious and forget to laugh and enjoy along the way!
7. I was once asked whether it is better to be right or loving. I don't think you can go too far wrong loving. I am reminded of Paul's letter to the Church in Corinth when He said we could know all mysteries, work miracles, etc. but without love they are all rather pointless. He leaves us with faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love!
8. Create something. Human beings have the DNA of the creator - we were designed to create. Look for opportunities to create - something lovely, something just, something profound, something simple - something that expresses your heart in some way. This doesn't mean it has to be public, it can be very intimate - for yourself, for God or another you care for. This helps you connect in a deeper way with your heart on a regular basis!
9. Make mistakes, learn from them and move along. The reality is, the people who are really living will make mistakes. Not malicious mistakes just honest ones. The kinds of mistakes of someone who tries but it doesn't quite work out, well intentioned but fall short. Most of the mistakes we make are not fatal and if we can learn from them we have just grown some more. If we are honest, we often grow more by learning from our mistakes than we do from our successes. Ask forgiveness when necessary, fix it if you can, forgive yourself and get living!
10. Live Now! It is said we are all crucified between two thieves- regret of yesterday and fear of tomorrow. Living life happens in the present moment. The present moment is pregnant with life and needs to be seized in the moment. There is just no life living in the past or the future!