- How do we interact with God, how does God interact with us and does it really matter?
- Is God good?
- What does God think of me?
- What does God want of me?
- Where is God when I hurt?
- Why does God allow suffering?
- Does God love me and how can I experience that love?
Spiritual direction is the practice of helping another person or group to discover God as revealed in Jesus Christ in all of life, and to respond to that discovery in a growing relationship of love, freedom and commitment.
In a general sense, spiritual direction helps you explore your personal and sacred relationship with God and BIG questions like:
- Who am I?
- What is truly important to me and why?
- Who is God?
- What is God doing in my life?
- Where can I find meaning?
- What is God calling me to be and do?
- Can I overcome Guilt and Shame?
- How do I live with integrity what I believe?
- How can I cultivate a healthy relationship with Jesus and others?
Spiritual directors assist you in exploring these questions, providing some tools for discerning some of the answers and working with you to see how these answers impact your life in healthy ways.
“Spiritual direction is, in reality, nothing more than a way of leading us to see and obey the real Director — the Holy Spirit hidden in the depths of our soul.” - Thomas Merton, Trappist monk
How Spiritual Direction can benefit you!
- A growing awareness of God's love, presence and grace in all of life.
- A deeper sense of peace, joy, freedom and gratitude.
- Increased sense of purpose and focus.
- Help to discern God's will in the decisions you face.
- Growing self-acceptance and the discovery of your true identity.
- Grow in compassion and understanding.
- Can help the healing process from hurts, brokenness and bitterness.
- Share your struggles and challenges confidentially with love and acceptance.
- Renewal of Faith and Hope.
- Learn the skills for personal soul care.
- Support and encouragement as you learn and grow in your faith.